News & Press
Please click here to read the CAP Annual Report 2016-17.pdf. This document gives an in-depth overview of the CAP program, including details on our projects.
CAP is acknowledged in a September 2016 Wall Street Journal Op-Ed piece by HBS Dean Nitin Nohria on the role of small businesses and nonprofits.
CAP Executive Director Amelia Angella is quoted in the Boston Globe's article on evolving trends in social impact investing published April 15, 2015 The Boston Globe: A guide on the evolving trends in social impact investing
On April 8th, 2013 HBS Dean Nitin Nohria hosted a reception with leaders from the Allston Brighton community. Janet Nicholas, CAP co-chair, participated. The Dean acknowledged CAP as an example of innovative ways that HBS is giving back to the community.
In February 2008, the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation presented a Pro Bono Award to Harvard Business School alumni club community consulting programs. The Council, created by President Bush in 2003, recognizes the exceptional contributions volunteers are making to our nation. "Community Partners is an outstanding model for leveraging corporate skills to make a meaningful social investment in communities around the world," said Jean Case, chair of the President's Council. "This HBS alumni program has set the gold standard for pro bono service in the corporate sector."
Below are news articles about Community Action Partners:
- The Boston Globe, April 15, 2015
- PR Newswire, March 2015
- Connections, Journal of the Peabody Essex Museum, Sept/October 2012
- RESPOND Press Release, March 2012
- JBCC CAP Press Release, January, 2012
- Speakeasy Press Release, November 2011
- Historic NE Newsletter LookingForward, May 2011
- The Boston Business Journal, July 31, 2009
- The Boston Globe, April 12, 2008
- Harvard Business School Alumni Bulletin, June 2005
- The Boston Globe, April 3, 2005
- The Somerville Journal, December 30, 2004